Saturday, August 2, 2008

F.R.U.M.P. File beginnings

F - Fashionable
R - Radiant
U - Unforgettable
M - Mom
P - Panache


When I became pregnant I wanted to take steps to make sure I didn't become a frumpy mom. My son is now nearly 18 months old and I realize I've made absolutely zero progress to my goal. I started a wonderful program called take Shape For Life and lost about 40lbs. Then my husband went into the hospital and I got lazy. The title idea for my blog came to me this morning on the way to work. The necessity for me to start this blog became apparent when I went shopping and avoided the dozens of mirrors along the way. In 14 days We are headed to Sesame Place and I'm already uncomfortable with how I will look. I do not want to look back on my sons childhood and remember moments by how self conscious I was. I do not want to look thru pictures and realize that I am in so very few of them because I'm embarrassed to be photographed. This is no way to live life, these are not skills I want my son to learn... or daughter if we ever have one. So I'm not a perfect figure currently. That doesn't mean I can't look my best. I have to break out of my rut of T-shirts tossed over jeans or shorts leaving a boxy appearance. Yes my hair is healthy and shiny. But also severely in need of a cut and style. Makeup? my mom was quite generous this year in giving me quite the set of Bare Essentuals makeup between Christmas and my birthday. I use the foundation, blush and mineral veil. I thnk it's time to step up, take control and become the F.R.U.M.P Mom that I KNOW I can be... and time to leave the 'frump' mom I am behind.

Are you in a rut? Would you like to break out and are not sure how? Need motivation? Need a partner as you go thru the process? Please join me and let's get F.R.U.M.P.'y' together!

2 comments:

Norkio said...

Kelly I love this idea! I too was concerned I'd look back on Melody's life & photos and think "wow I was so [insert insult here]". I decided I don't look as bad as some and I look better than others, so I am trying to make the best of it. In the meantime, eating right and trying to build in exercise, dressing nicely and not like a slob ALL help me feel less like a frump and more like a FRUMP. ;-)

Mama Duck said...

lol.. thanks :)

notice my frequency of postings though? my FRUMP-ness is going slowly, lol